This year, I’m taking my mind off the horror of turning 30 by working my way through my very own 30 Before 30 list.
- Start – and maintain – a blog.
- Perfect the art of pie baking.
- Knit Christmas stockings.
- Run a race.
- Travel overseas.
- Bake a turkey dinner.
Complete the Whole 30 challenge.
- Learn a European medieval martial art.
Participate in NaNoWriMo.
- Make a new close friend.
- Read and blog about 30 new books.
- Start my own business.
- Grow a garden.
- Get a new tattoo.
- Create a budget and stick to it.
- Learn to drive a standard.
- Learn to bake my grandma’s buns.
Submit a short story for publication or an award. Take a class that contributes nothing to my higher learning.
- Take some form of lessons, like piano, horseback riding, or fencing lessons.
- Build a blanket fort.
Send a parcel or a letter to a loved one.
- Go up in a hot air balloon.
- Learn to shoot a gun.
- Create a piece of art for my house.
- Try 30 new things this year.
Complete a yoga challenge. Go to a completely geeky event, like a Con, Medieval Fair, or boardgame convention.
- Write my novel.